The concept behind Origin Africa is to capture the spirit, style and innovation of modern Africa. It will raise awareness about Africa as a sourcing destination and change perceptions about doing business in Africa, targeting a global audience of buyers, business leaders and designers. The event Fiber to Fashion to be held in Mauritius from 16th to 19 the of March, 2011 will highlight the creativity and innovation of the African cotton, textile and clothing industries, and raise the profile of the continent as a source of supply of cotton, textile products, fabrics and clothing. This world class event will bring together business leaders and decision makers from 20 countries across Africa, providing opportunities for international buyers to establish contacts with African designers and industry, and to do business.
A Platform for Business
• Promoting trade opportunities from fiber to fabric, from corporate wear to fashion, from clothing manufacturers to accessories
• US & EU buyers to market their business & requirements to Africa
• Sellers to market & profile their businesses & products to the region, and globally
Inspiration, Innovation & Technology – Symposium Program will include:
• New product development, new cotton fabric & fiber technologies
• Innovations along the CTA Value Chain, applications & in design
• Trend exhibits and a display of unique accessories, only found in Africa
• Green/Eco manufacturing facilities
Origin Africa Designer Showcase
• Featuring the talents of 20 up & coming designers from across Africa, who will create and innovate using cotton and other raw materials and accessories from the continent. The designers will work alongside leaders in the African textile & apparel industry to design clothing with commercial appeal and African flair
Pan-African Graphic Design Show
• This Graphic Design Show will tap into Africa’s new and exciting design talent. A competition that is open to all, reaching out to Africans from slums to studios, unlocking a world of ideas through graphic design – promoting freedom of expression & empowerment
Incorporating extensive global media coverage International designers & other celebrities
Partners: USAID COMPETE, EDUN, Mauritius Export Association, Ministry of Industry & Commerce/Enterprise Mauritius, Mauritius Tourist Promotion Authority, Air Mauritius, African Cotton & Textile Industries Federation (ACTIF)
The organizers invite the business to embrace the exciting opportunity to align with this new and unique African event!
For more information:
Barry Fisher, COMPETE, (Email: email@example.com)
Ms Lilowtee Rajmun, Mauritius Export Association (Email: Lilowtee@mexa.mu)
TO AFRICA WITH FASHION
If you want to add a comment, please login!